Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Now a member of CACFP!!!

Hello families and prospective families!

I recently completed a training with the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) and am in the process of enrolling the children I care for now in it.  If you are already a family, I have some paperwork for you to fill out in order to enroll your child(ren). 

What does this mean??

First off, it means those of you who have your child(ren) stay with me during a meal time, you no longer need to supply a meal for them.  This also means that my menus are more regulated, as I need to submit copies of them to the CACFP.  As a registered family child care provider, I am already required to serve meals and snacks based on USDA nutrition guidelines, however this offers me more training and resources, as well as reimbursement for food that I feed children in my care.  And hopefully offers parents more peace of mind, as being a part of this program is more regulated.   

You have the option of declining the program, in which case you will need to supply meals for your child while they are in care. 

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Thank you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment